> On Nov 14, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Eric A. Borisch <ebori...@macports.org> wrote:
>
> If I see something like this --
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/37 -- come through, and it
> LGTM, do I just push the big 'Rebase and merge' button on the GitHub GUI?
> (This particular one is an update to a nomaintainer port (fish) to the latest
> upstream version, removes no-longer-needed patches, and removes the $Id$
> line).
>
> Let's assume I've tested the changes locally already, and think it is good to
> go for the sake of limiting this discussion.

I thought we had decided that multiple-commit pull requests, where each commit
does not in and of itself represent a viable state of the port, should be
squashed into a single commit before merging. The "Squash and merge" function
of the GitHub web interface seems to have been disabled so I guess either the
author of the pull request or you should squash the commits some other manual
way first.