If squash-and-merge is what we're going to want for pull requests, can we
re-enable the button? (Also known as, if we're using GitHub, can we use
GitHub?) Ideally contributions from others (like this pull request) should
be as painless (read as: fewest steps that still achieve the desired ends)
as possible on both sides.

 - Eric