Ryan Schmidt wrote on 20220613::04:34:46 re: "Re: +universal for x864+arm64 on
Macintel"

>As far as I know, the SDK would also need to support arm64, which SDKs prior
>to macOS 11 don't. Therefore MacPorts doesn't support compiling for macOS for
>arm64 prior to macOS 11.

What Apple call the SDK is essentially the combination of standard headerfiles
(incl. the system-specific ones) plus the standard libraries (including the
ones for system functions). Is there any reason to suspect that one cannot use
the 10.11+ SDKs on earlier OS X versions?

R.