On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM, myron <kowal...@cs.moravian.edu> wrote: I had been following a thread about wireshark the other day and decided to start up my wireshark which I had just upgraded. I hadn't used it for a few months, and it was working then. Now I'm getting a similar problem as the
other poster. I didn't get what his solution was.

I start in an X11 window. An empty gray box appears and then everything crashes. Here's what in problem report that
comes up.

For what it's worth, I am still not seeing this --- but I'm using XQuartz, not stock (Lion) X11.app. I *did* see one oddity, though: it didn't display its splash screen or open its main window until I explicitly switched focus to XQuartz. It seemed to be "hung" before I did that.

--
brandon s allbery                                      allber...@gmail.com
wandering unix systems administrator (available) (412) 475-9364 vm/sms

For what it's worth, here's the system call errors that are happening. It would be nice to get wireshark working again. Any ideas what to do?
Reinstall macports?

  X11.bin           select    4      1  Interrupted system call
X11.bin writev 35 1 Resource temporarily unavailable
            bash __pthread_canceled   22      1  Invalid argument
            bash             kill    1      1  Operation not permitted
            bash          setpgid    1      1  Operation not permitted
            bash        sigreturn   -2      1
            bash            wait4    4      1  Interrupted system call
notifyd lstat 2 1 No such file or directory
            perl __pthread_canceled   22      1  Invalid argument
            perl        sigreturn   -2      1
 privileged_star __semwait_signal   60      1  Operation timed out
       quartz-wm           select    4      1  Interrupted system call
       quartz-wm        sigreturn   -2      1
sh open 2 1 No such file or directory
              sh             read    5      1  Input/output error
wireshark read 35 1 Resource temporarily unavailable wireshark unlink 2 1 No such file or directory
           xinit             kill    3      1  No such process
xinit read 35 1 Resource temporarily unavailable
           xterm            chown    1      1  Operation not permitted
xterm read 35 1 Resource temporarily unavailable
wireshark: Fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server /tmp/launch-rJaRmL/:0.
select(0x4, 0xBFFFF440, 0xBFFFF3C0, 0x0, 0x0)            = 1 0
recvfrom(0x3, 0x1478058, 0x1000)                 = 0 0
write_nocancel(0x2, "wireshark: Fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server /tmp/launch-rJaRmL/:0.\n\0", 0x63) = 99 0