I installed the xorg-server and now wireshark works fine. Thanks for your help.

--myron
=================================
Myron Kowalski
MoCoSIN Network/Systems Administrator
Moravian College
my...@moravian.edu
(610) 861-1441

On Jul 17, 2012, at 1:46 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

Ok, now that someone has provided a crash report...

This smells like https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30927 to me. Update your version of XQuartz, or use the xorg-server port.

--Jeremy

On Jul 17, 2012, at 8:03 AM, Brandon Allbery <allber...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM, myron <kowal...@cs.moravian.edu> wrote:

I had been following a thread about wireshark the other day and decided to
start up my wireshark which I had
just upgraded. I hadn't used it for a few months, and it was working then.
Now I'm getting a similar problem as the
other poster. I didn't get what his solution was.

I start in an X11 window. An empty gray box appears and then everything
crashes. Here's what in problem report that
comes up.

For what it's worth, I am still not seeing this --- but I'm using XQuartz,
not stock (Lion) X11.app.  I *did* see one oddity, though:  it didn't
display its splash screen or open its main window until I explicitly
switched focus to XQuartz.  It seemed to be "hung" before I did that.

--
brandon s allbery                                      allber...@gmail.com
wandering unix systems administrator (available) (412) 475-9364 vm/sms