I haven't  figured out a way to use the restore features of time
machine as described in help either.  Although maybe there are tricks
to it that i'm not aware of?  not sure.
On Mar 21, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Dan wrote:

Hello,
If you mean running Time Machine from the desktop and selecting a
particular backup option and then use the Restore button, I've not
been able to do that with VO. There was a discussion about this a few
weeks back. The problem is that we are not able to use the graphical
representation on the right of the screen to select the restore
option. However, we can go to the particular backup file and then copy
it back to where we want it. This is why I use the restore from the
install DVD.
I'm sure others will have other opinions on this subject and I hope
they present them. Because it would really be nice if we could use the
Time Machine restore function, just as it
is explained in help.
Perhaps there is a way to do this and I just am not aware of it.
This is the beauty of lists like this one. We can all help others and
we've all seen examples of this, time and time again.

Dan
key...@comcast.net