Right. This is a far better (practical) solution. I only mentioned the
object detection because detecting denominations of US currency was one
of the ways the object recognition was demonstrated. Canadian currency
has adopted large raised ink numbers which keeps the different bills the
same size but it's probably more error prone than the AU solution.

CB