No problem with moderation, just trying to build some consensus as to
what the moderation rules should be. The one liner posts that reduce the
signal to noise ratio probably fall more into the bucket of bad
net-etiquette and not so much of an off-topic post. The downside of
moderation is that some busy volunteer (Cara Q.) will have to slog
through every message and give it a thumbs up before anyone else can see
it. That removes the immediacy of the conversation and works against
building the community. The obvious downside of no moderation is getting
email replies consisting of little more than the prose equivalent of
"Yup". For me I lean a bit more towards open conversation and occasional
divergence from the stated purpose. In the end, I can enjoy the
discussion and learn something new in either framework.

CB