It depends upon which Mac you are talking about. I have not attempted
to open one of the prior Macbooks, but I have had the opportunity to
open a Macbook pro in the unibody and the drive is very easy to
access. The ram I can't recall right off, it has been a while. As far
as upgrading ram in an iMac, no problem at all, I however have to
admit that I have not had the nerve to open it. :) I understand if you
can get it open, then upgrading the drive in it would not be a
problem. This is why I would love to have a notebook as upgrading
parts would be a little easier. These new iMacs are not as simple to
disassemble. :)