James, only in MacBooks with the multi-touch trackpad, which at this
point is the Pro line. I wouldn't worry to much about the battery
honestly. If you have a store or authorized service center near you,
it is very easy to change the battery if necessary. Actually you could
replace it yourself if you can get the battery. One of the reasons
Apple went this route is do to the fact they can save space and weight
by using this type of cell, which is packaged differently than how the
removable packs are constructed. THis means less packaging to house
the battery cells, means greater ability to offer more quantity of
juice with less weight. Thus the cells are not housed in a package
that is as durable to consumer consumption. I think you will slowly,
but surely see more manufacturers going this route. Dell in fact has
gone the non-replaceable battery in its top-of-the-line notebook
offering. Just thought I'd give some info on the rationale for this
type of battery.