  From: Scott Howell
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 12:37 PM
  Subject: Re: Voice Over in Snow Leopard

  James, only in MacBooks with the multi-touch trackpad, which at this point is
the Pro line. I wouldn't worry to much about the battery honestly. If you have
a store or authorized service center near you, it is very easy to change the
battery if necessary. Actually you could replace it yourself if you can get the
battery. One of the reasons Apple went this route is do to the fact they can
save space and weight by using this type of cell, which is packaged differently
than how the removable packs are constructed. THis means less packaging to
house the battery cells, means greater ability to offer more quantity of juice
with less weight. Thus the cells are not housed in a package that is as durable
to consumer consumption. I think you will slowly, but surely see more
manufacturers going this route. Dell in fact has gone the non-replaceable
battery in its top-of-the-line notebook offering. Just thought I'd give some
info on the rationale for this type of battery.