From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Scott Chesworth
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 4:42 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Installing the new cat

Hey Marie,

Well I guess not many people can say for sure right now what the instalation
process will be like in detail, seeing as the only people who will have seen
it firsthand so far are beta testers and people who grabbed it off torrent
sites, and neither will talk about it publically in case Steve Jobs and his
heavies turn up at their house with a big stick.

But having said that, it's safe to predict that VO will work during the
instalation, and that it'll be easy to do.
With Tiger and Leopard, the install was as simple as putting in your OS dvd,
booting up with the c key held down, waiting a few minutes until the disc
spins down so you know that everything has finished loading from it, and
launching VO with f/n-command-f5 on a laptop or just command-f5 on a full
keyboard.  You land in the language selection table, which is set to some
variety of English by default, and from then on it's a pretty standard
instalation wizard.  There are usually a few different choices, you can
repartition and format and suchlike.  Archive and install is probably the
safest choice if you've got the disc space for that, it'll preserve a copy
of your leopard system libraries and such just in case the upgrade goes
horribly wrong.  VO stays functional throughout the upgrade process, you can
get feedback at any point, and I've never yet encountered an error that it
won't read during the process.

Past that, the only reassurance I can give you is that, having seen your
posts on list about other apps, you'll be fine with this.  It's a peace of
cake as they say.

hth
Scott

database 4364 (20090824) __________