Scripts are usually an extension to a given program, those of whom
want to customize their own experience further. It's part of the tools
that people use to make their lives easier, and more efficient when
encountering redundancy or other such issues. I think that Apple is
well aware of the VI community as they have provided out of the box
accessibility to the iphone and the philosophy is probably trickling
down to every developer within their walls, as well as to the 3rd
party developer community, as the coco based switched and apple's
whole accessibility section of their home site suggests.

There's also a difference between a company which prides itself in
ease of use, giving access to even the install process to the VI, and
one which doesn't belong to nor gains much access to the inner
workings or training from another company providing software. I mean
in this that, for FS if they can cut corner because there is a user
community, they will as i see in the rumors about jaws 11 beta, which
seems an quote official unquote feature enrichment from already
thought up scripts.

The applescript fusion with VO is a welcome addition as there can be
many more creative ways to do things in the MAC OS, beyond an already
solid out of the box application. Isn't the ability to label buttons
etc a good way forward? There are certainly ways to communicate a lack
by also pointing where the lack is, if we're talking about the
reluctance of third party mac developers to give it a go.

I personally am of the thought that ease of use is something to be
left to apple and its network, but that further customizability is
part of why i also use a computer. It's part of making one's identity
in a geeky sense, but that's my point.

Best

Yuma