Thanks for this. One point, if I may: This is an issue with Snow
Leopard, not with iTunes. Note the following (my original post) begun
fully nine days before the new iTunes became available.
http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries/browse_thread/thread/d1ad1102a4c44bdf/0001163b2674128a?lnk=gst&q=playlist+browser#0001163b2674128a
Not that this makes this any less of a problem, mind you, but I just
wanted to try to keep the focus where it belongs.