Dragon for Mac v3.x is inaccessible, even the company admits to that. I haven't
tested out v4 yet. Still, if it lacks things like voice commands to move around
and edit text, or move up and down menus and tables, I don't see the point. For
straight dictation, the Mac does well. That said, Dragon learns as you correct
it, whereas the mac does not, and Dragon is (from reviews I've read) more
accurate even out of the box, with no training. If you have problems with the
keyboard, look at Dragon, but be sure to test if for accessibility and the
features you will need. If you need basic dictation and will not be dictating
exclusively, I'd save my money. Those are just my thoughts.
On Mar 8, 2014, at 6:04 PM, David Chittenden <dchitten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting, I believe the ScanSoft speech recognition is the basis for both
> speech recognition systems. Given that Mac Dictate can now be loaded directly
> on the Mac for continuous speech recognition, Dragon would most likely only
> be beneficial if one needed to use more granulated Command and Control rather
> than just speech dictation recognition. That said, I have no idea how well
> Dragon will be integrated with VoiceOver.
>
> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
> Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 9 Mar 2014, at 11:25, Apple boy <christopher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ditto. Not that I use dictation but $99 is just wow expensive for something
>> that can be done at no additional charge.
>>
>> Regards Chris
>>
>> Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!
>>
>>> On 08/03/2014 22:07, Eugenia Firth wrote:
>>> Hi there
>>> I have not used Dragon, but my first reaction to this is that the dictation
>>> on the Mac is good enough that I would want a lot of benefit more before I
>>> would want to spend $99 for it. I find the one that already comes with
>>> Mavericks to be pretty accurate. Do they let you have a trial first?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Gigi
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

Have a great day,