Eileen,
Tho I am far from being a proficient user of a braille display (the Braille Edge) with the Mac or iPhone, here is what I think may need to be made clear.

The commands list in the VO guide is the list of "commom" commands that can be used on any braille display. Most of these seem to work.

There is then a smaller list of commands that are specific to each display, assigned to the device's own buttons such as the pan commands which on the Edge are assigned to the scroll buttons.

Quote of the nanosecond . . .
Four things a woman should know: How to look like a girl, How to act like a lady, How to think like a man, And how to work like a dog.
 --Author Unknown
Robert & Annie Yanni ke7nwn
E-mail-
gone.to.da...@gmail.com