I think that the best way to approach this with people who don't actually use
braille is to give concrete examples of what you cannot now do with the braille
and what you want to do with it. Then if possible explain something about how
that would work or how it can be done. Even with people who may be working on
making braille available, if they don't use it themselves, they are like people
who are trying to pik a foreign language but still don't understand the nuances
of it. So we have to try to find ways of explaining that will be understood.
This of course isn't easy.