Hi John, the trick is to create an activity for Night Owl so you have a unique
series of hotspots for that app. Then locate the area where the character count
is shown and assign that area to a hotspot. If you're like me and like
pneumonics, reassign the hotkey for the hotspot to something logical. I have
mine on the right Option key with C, for character count.
Works a treat!
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org