Hi,

I wonder if this has something to do with announcements.  When using the voice
Alex, if you switch in or out of the app that you have an Activity applied to,
VO announces "VoiceOver Settings Activity along with a view other App notes.
If you use a different voice, non-Apple, then this phrase is not announced but
silence is not golden.  Sometimes, if I press ctrl twice to make VO be quiet,
then this announcement/pause is eliminated or decreased.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada