I had all of those you mention specifically - lol! Still have the talking
clock, a bit dented from being dropped and I lost the cover to the battery
compartment but still works! Isn't that just hysterically funny? Not the point
I know but it gives me a great laugh!

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day:
"This I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord
never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
(Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV)

> [...]
> programmable VCR.
>
> I do have many more examples, including talking pagers, talking juicers, a
> general market talking microwave, a couple general market talking digital
> radios, and so forth. In all cases, when only blind people purchase the
> products, and the products are priced for general market, companies lose lots
> of money and pull the devices.
>
> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
> Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 20 Oct 2014, at 12:09, Pamela Francis <gypsykitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In the answer to a couple of your questions, ask for a company making their
>> products usable by the disabled, do you or do you not remember what sharp
>> did for us with talking clocks and calculators? Do you also know that
>> Panasonic makes  optional talking caller ID in its cordless phones? For
>> years swans foods offered all of their catalogs in braille along with their
>> cooking  directions as one could also read on their boxes. It is not
>> unreasonable or pompous to expect to be treated the same as anyone else in
>> the same store paying the same money for the same product. If you consider
>> that pompous, you must be living with your parents who do everything for
>> you. I do not. I've lived away from my family since 1974, then married,
>> raise two children and have four grandchildren. I've been through the times
>> where we didn't as much as have digital readings on elevators or braille on
>> hotel room doors. I travel anywhere I want to go, do anything I want to do.
>> I do not expect special treatment. I ask for what I need.
>>
>> Pam Francis
>>
>> On Oct 19, 2014, at 5:10 PM, The Believer <ancient.ali...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> That is a first. The general public now dictates what the disabled public
>> gets? Apple develops products for the mainstream market...and they also have
>> enabled these same products to be usable by the disabled. Can amy other
>> comppany claim that?
>>
>> We all can walk into any Apple store along with the sighted general public
>> and buy the same products they do and use the same products alongside them.
>>
>> And if we have an issue with our product, we can walk into any Apple store
>> or cal their toll free number and get the same assistance.
>>
>> Why should we expect any different treatment? Because we are blind? That,
>> IMO, is shortsightedness and perhaps even pompous. It certainly will not get
>> one very far.
>>
>> No one is glossing over anything. On the other hand, some are over the top
>> downright unreasonable.
>>
>> From The Believer. . .
>> . . . what if it were true?
>> ancient.ali...@icloud.com
>>
>>> On 10/19/2014 2:02 PM, Pamela Francis wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm normally not one to complain for the sake of complaining. I am a
>>> realist. I know that we as a market are a minority within Apple's customer
>>> base. I will give them credit where it's due. They did take the lead in