Hi Pam,
   The Take Control series of books are really good reads.  They cover a wide
range of topics and you can't go wrong with those books.

   The results for spotlight now appear to show in a table.  You can use table
navigation to read them.  However, what I tend to do is use more specific
commands for searching for specific items.  For example, I just did a search
for documents that have the word, dog, in them.

dog kind: documents

If I VO-right arrow, I am presented with a table.  The table has the results of
all of my documents that have the word, dog, in them.

You can use things like
the Beetles kind: mp3

the Beetles kind: audio

The word, kind, has the colon after it and then a space with documents, audio,
mp3, pdf, etc.  This designates the type of item you are searching for.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX 10.7 LION and 10.8 Mountain
Lion