If"change all" was dimmed, then you couldn't have finished the process. If you
don't change all, then only the file you specifically told it to change will be
changed. But apparently you are working in a folder that is for some reason is
locked for you to do this. You need to go back and change files of the
different filetypes again; of course choose different ones than you already
changed. When you do cmd-i for info on a file this time, go past the open with
place and go on to sharing and permissions.  Find the lock checkbox and do
vo-space; if it was locked this will unlock it and the checkbox will now be
unchecked. You will be asked to enter your password to make the change to that
lock checkbox. I think you may only have to do it for the first type but not
sure. The only other reason I can think of why "change all" would be dimmed out
is if you don't have permissions in the folder you are trying to change but
hopefully this isn't the problem. Once that "lock" is unchecked, you should
find that "change all" will not be dimmed. If it is still dimmed, don't assume
things are okay because you must be able to change all before this will be
completed. So if you have further problems post again and explain.

See if you can solve this first. I think since you aren't at all familiar with
these tasks throwing terminal instructions in at the same time is confusing
you. We can go over that again once you have been able to change all for your
types.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: