Hi,
another thing it could also be is using the Vocalizer voices (Samantha, Jill,
Tom, etc.) If using these voices, it will cause a slow down potentially,
although not always. This is because of the increased CPU usage and maybe RAM
usage? Not sure, of VoiceOver and it’s processes. Found this out by looking in
Activity Monitor one day. Also, if you go into VoiceOver Utility, it may be
trying to download the newer version of the Alex Voice.
Hope this helps,
Jeffrey