If what you mean is that you wish there was a way of copying non contiguous file names from a folder then you can do this as well.

Assuming this is what you want to do.

1. navigate to the first file name using normal cursor keys.
2. Press VO Command return twice. The first press will un-select the filename the second will re-select it ready for adding non contiguous files for selection. 3. Importantly from here on do not use normal cursor keys as this will lose you any of the selections you have made .
4. Using VO down arrow navigate to the next file name you want to select.
5. Now hit VO Command return again. Voiceover will say added to selection, 2 files selected. 6. Remembering to still not use the normal cursor keys navigate with VO down arrow and hit VO command return on each file you want to add to the selection. Voiceover will monitor how many files you have selected for you. 7. Once you have all the filenames you want needed selected then press command C to copy them all to the Mac pasteboard and then follow instruction in TextEdit as before.

David Griffith