Hi,

A considerable number of permission errors can arise within a four month
period.  Anytime you install software, including Software Updates, file
privileges can be modified and sometimes, these modifications cause confusion
to the OS.  So, it’s really not a factor of time, it’s more a factor of
activity.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada