For me, I repair permissions every software update, more so nowadays because
I'm a part of the public beta program. As for Fusion, there's no work around.
If you have Fusion version 6.0.5 or higher, it should work for Yosemite. If I'm
not mistaken, the release notes for 6.0.5 stated that it was now compatible for
Yosemite.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook