Oh, Parallels is a disaster with Voiceover, from what I'm told. I wonder if Virtualbox is any good. Especially knowing that it's got a CLI backend.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Devin Prater" <d.pra...@me.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: two questions about the Mac

I've tried Parallels before, like 3 months ago, but no luck with VO.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 27, 2015, at 7:42 AM, Scott Granados <scott.grana...@gmail.com> wrote:

I like this response.  Thank you!

Definitely well thought out.

So you raise very good points. I’m just going to counter and say that it seems to me like they streamline the code and optimize performance to the latest hardware and software out there but that’s a marginal gain and I’d wonder if the user really experiences much improvement.

Some of the updates to Fusion I’ve done really did seem to help with things like battery life and other tangible benefits but using your logic, why do we really need a hypervisor at all. Why can’t some means of compartmentalizing operating systems and running them in parallel be handled right in the OS or in hardware. Good point!

Since you mentioned parallels? Is that accessible now? I always went with fusion because I had experienced parallels and had bad luck with VO. Has this changed?

Do you have a hypervisor you like to use that’s better than fusion or do you just suck it up and pay the money for fusion like I do?

Thanks for the good points to think about.