Ok, you’ve convinced me.:)

Excellent response.

So I’m going to probably side with you then and say why do they not just update
the tools, to make more money.:)  Bottom line it’s about that $99 every time
you update isn’t it?  Thinking it through you’re really dead on the mark.  It
would be one thing if you got a real bump in performance or battery life or
something useful but you’re right.  It’s just to support the latest OS and
install an updated vmtools.exe package.

As for KVM.  We’re on the same page.  Unfortunately we use Xen where I am now
but I am also a big fan of KVM.  There’s a company called digital ocean that
uses KVM to host hundreds of thousands of virtual machines and it scales very
well to these levels.

Great points.