Editing: I'm not sure, but I know Script Editor has some odd problems in auto
save. Actually, that's much of the reason I haven't worked on the scripts in a
while; I once lost a *lot* of changes that I had to rewrite. Try save anyway,
and be very sure you're working on a *copy* of the scripts, not the originals.

The slow speech problem is easily fixed. I default to system speech if VO is
off or doesn't allow scripting access, and it sounds like your VO doesn't. Just
open the VoiceOver Utility, select General in the table (it should be selected
by default), and check the "allow VoiceOver to be controlled by AppleScript"
checkbox.
> On Sep 27, 2015, at 16:03, E.T. <ancient.ali...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>   Had forgotten about this when I upgraded to Yosemite a few months ago so
> had to start over.
>
>   When I edit scripts, I get an error regarding auto save and the options are
> to revert or save anyway. How can I resolve this.
>
>   Then when I execute one of these scripts, the speech is much slower. Where
> do I need to go to change this? Thanks much.
>
> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>   ancient.ali...@icloud.com
> Many believe that we have been visited
> in the past. What if it were true?
>
> On 9/24/2015 8:53 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
>> The download link is below. It includes a Readme file that should explain
>> everything, but let me know if you can't work something out.
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17005121/talking%20dashboard.zip
>>> On Sep 23, 2015, at 02:09, deedra waters <dee...@the-brannons.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where i can download this from and have instructions on
>>> making it work? I’m either losing my mind or i just can’t find it if
>>> someone could give me this info i’d appreciate it. I’ve never used it with
>>> apple script so if someone could suggest things for me here i’d appreciate
>>> it.

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex Hall
>> mehg...@icloud.com