I wouldn't trust installing my OS from bittorrent. How can you be sure it's not just legit but unmodified? I think Apple is taking the right approach. Sure things bog down once a year for a bit when a new release comes out but I wouldn't re architect the distribution model for that one anomaly just to appease the impatient.

CB