Ok, so that explains why i'm not having this problem.  I'm not running
snow lepard.  I'm still running lepard.  And either using the menu or
typing the shortcut i just enter a name and press enter.  If i want to
rename i just press enter on that group name type the new name and
press enter again.  So, those of you struggling with this issue,
please let apple know its a snow lepard problem if you haven't
already.  thanks, Max