Hi,

The Airport Extreme as opposed to the Express is a much more powerful router.
Considerably better coverage, better processor for better performance and just
an all around better unit.  Of course, it's about twice the cost as the Express
though, but I'd put it up against any $50 router anytime to have it out perform
those units.  The one drawback is that the Extreme cannot double as an AirPlay
device like the Express does.  You could, though, turn off the broadcast
portion of the Express, connect it to the network and use the AirPlay feature
without the slow-down in network performance.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada