Heck, no offence was meant, however I still think Apple are the biggest and
best example of integrated accessibility actually working, which is why one of
the biggest reasons Mac users give for being on Mac is not having to depend on
an external AT.  That doesn’t factor in to the discussion by itself, because
NVDA is still free, and the AT vendors are up against that just as they are
VoiceOver, TalkBack, Orca, Narrator and ChromeVox.  My issue is that the
baseline for accessibility was very high with the AT vendors involved.  I’d
love to see AT engineers working for big companies, so that all of this
mainstream technology can be used as well as could be expected from the use of
commercial AT, is all.  On Windows, it’s still possible, but on every other
platform we simply get what we’re given, and only sometimes does it work out.
I don’t believe Apple are immune, either, given the issues we’re getting with
VoiceOver on OS X.  None of this is of course intended, as you point out, to
suggest that AT is some infallible, but with competition being removed from the
market, there is every possibility that the bar will be lowered, without a
corresponding uptake from the free alternatives.

list.