Hi, am not sure if i am experienced or not, but I'm an RN, so well i
know a thing or two.
I use the mac for anything, and windows for scanning and well a few
games like lone woolf.
That is about it , and i will admit it , if i need to read fast
nothing beats eloquence. And i mean like nothing.
Now that you get a new mac, let us know if you need any help. there
gotta be documents we can toss at you for getting you started :)

On 7/9/16, Caitlyn Furness <caitlyn.furn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> For me, the things I tend to use windows for are some games, and sometimes,
> kurzweil 1000.  I have to say, though, that I am not using k1000 hardly at
> all these days, and really don’t miss it that much.  I am considering taking
> the vm off my laptop, and I don’t have it on my desktop at all anymore.
>
> For scanning, I use either docuscan(great for pdf’s), and/or abby fine
> reader.
>
> hth,
> Caitlyn
>
>> On Jul 9, 2016, at 8:33 AM, Arnold Schmidt <arno...@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Your original message brings up an interesting point, in that you said you
>> might spend half hour, , to an hour in windows.  Being that I have now
>> ordered my Mac mini, I am not going back this time, what type things
>> simply work better in windows than on the mac?  Oftentimes, it is that the
>> user simply does not know how to do something well when they say something
>> doesn't work as well, so I am more interested in the answer from the more
>> experienced users.  I know, for example, that Openbook will not be
>> available to me on the Mac, I don't know how well DocuScan, from System
>> Access works, and it sounds as if scanning and reading, by importing
>> everything into a word processing app is about more trouble than it is
>> worth.  No problem, I will use KNFB reader on my iPhone.  But what else
>> does windows do better?  Thanks for any opinions.
>>
>> Arnold Schmidt

>> Visionaries list.

>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara
>> <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
>> ---
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries
>> <https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries>.

> The following information is important for all members of the Mac
> Visionaries list.

> ---

list.