Rick, as a very recent switcher myself, I know what you are dealing with in
learning to use the Mac.  Aside from learning a whole new set of commands,
there are also some concepts that need to click in your head to successfully
use the Mac.  The more time you spend with it, the faster things will click of
course.  I think for myself, I started with the E-mail program.  Before I
bought my Mac, I did a lot of research and took notes so that I could get up
and running as quickly as possible.  I hated the keyboard that came with my
iMac, so I decided to use my old faithful Logitech keyboard from the Windows
side and I am very glad I did that.  I love being able to use my number pad to
do keyboard commands with the Mac.  It makes things so much easier.  I could
never have done it without this list and Mike's series of podcasts on the Mac.
The strangest concepts coming from the Windows side were interacting and the
different way the cursor moves on the Mac.  It took me a long time to get
straight in my head now when you move your left arrow, it jumps you to the left
of the character and when you move the right arrow, it puts you to the right of
the character.  Another concept that was sort of weird was ejecting a disk
image when you install a program with command E.  These were things we didn't
have to do on the Windows side, but once you wrap your mind around these
concepts, you'll be off and running with the Mac.  Good luck, and keep us
posted on your progress..