Hello,

I've been a Mac user for almost 2 years, and I personally don't find the web
browsing experience on my Mac using Safari with voiceover to be on par with
that of internet explorer and Jaws.  For example,  Look at the steps you
explained to highlight and copy text "If you interact with text, use
VO-shift-return, you can initiate marking of text and use VO-cursor keys to
navigate and mark that text, then use VO-shift-return to stop marking the text.
 FInally command-c will copy that text for you to paste where you choose. You
can also interact with text and use command-a to highlight all text you can
then copy..."  On I.E. you would just use shift and the arrows or some function
of navigation commonly used throughout the Operating system.  In Snow Leopard
one should be able to use the arrows by them selves to navigate a web page and
with shift to select.  This is not the case most of the time.  The folks didn't
include this functionality into snow leopard by accident or just to appease
windows converts in my opinion.  They realized that the previous method was
just a pain, not to mention labor intensive  in regards to the task actually
trying to be accomplished.  I use Dom mode and sometimes voiceover indeed skips
over chunks of information.  I am not saying that Safari with Voiceover isn't
serviceable but, by no means in my opinion is it as dependable as I.E. with
Jaws.  And this is coming from someone who Uses their Mac as their primary
computer.