https://www.idropnews.com/news/heres-what-apple-actually-means-by-vintage-and-obsolete-products/137865/amp/
 selected

- Brad -

On Oct 24, 2021, at 17:47, Rebecca Skipper <skipper8...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think Intel Macs will not be supported at some point, but the question
remains how long Apple will continue supporting Intel based Macs once they
finish their transition to the M1 chips.

From: 'Jason White' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 6:44 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple Silicon vs Intel x86 for Voiceover users on Mac

For anyone who is planning a purchasing decision, it’s worth noting that there
are software features that won’t be available on Intel-based Mac systems, such
as new text to speech support for certain languages, and on-device speech
recognition for dictation. I would expect this list of features exclusive to
the M1 and its successors to grow in subsequent operating system releases.

None of these features is specific to VoiceOver yet, but this may change over
time. I know the question was about performance, but anyone who is seriously
deciding what hardware to buy should consider features as well, including the
likelihood that software development will shift increasingly toward Apple’s new
hardware architecture.

On 10/24/21, 18:28, "'Sabahattin Gucukoglu' via MacVisionaries"