Takes a deep breath.

Oh yeah, like the damn nfb cares. if they cared so much, then why don't training centers demo macs.

It's call money. I hate the ***** nfb.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Anne Robertson" <a...@anarchie.org.uk>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: What do you think?

Hello Nic,

Thank you for this post. You've just saved me from going on a major rant along the same lines.

Cheers,

Anne

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Nicolai Svendsen wrote:

Hi,

I seriously doubt that is the case. Apple accessibility has been around for six years now, not three. I doubt NFB had anything to do with it. Apple is going to keep it up because they are committed. The article about the lawsuit doesn't actually mention Apple much.

There is actually a very good point of view. Apple poses a threat to the NFB of taking over the technical market. This is why NFB did not sue Skype, but Apple. Agreement or not, I'm pretty sure they listened to users using Outspoken and such, rather than an organization that can't even review the product properly when it is out. Apple has done far more than anyone for accessibility improvements. Apple said they had something in store, and they sure did. I of course realize that it is a pretty serious statement. Of course, I am not particularly a fan of the NFB at all. Saying that, NFB has made some seriously inaccurate statements as well, far outweighing mine. NFB actually has no reason to sue Apple. What would they sue them for, exactly? Because their products are accessible, and they want everyone to pay more than what a Macbook costs for assistive technology? That wouldn't actually surprise me much. It's all about competition. If they think they're about to be kicked out, of course they would consider Apple a threat. Because Apple has done something Microsoft has not. All these things sound really twisted and disgusting to me.

Apple can hardly be sued for their effort. Their lawsuit had to do with iTunes on the Windows side. Fair enough, but that is a pretty ridiculous suit if it really is based on accessibility. That is not the case, however, as there are plenty of other useful programs for PCs that are not anywhere near as accessible as iTunes 9. And NFB doesn't care about that. Which, again, leads me to believe that, because NFB is scared of being kicked out, they do everything they can to stop people buying their product. That would make sense.

Windows users rely on scripts all the time to use any application. I suggest you look through your jAWS folder to see what I mean. Have you even seen just the download size of a JAWS installation? It's outrageous. People who moan about iTunes not being accessible just because the interface accidentally broke, just need to use scripts like they do for everything else. I'm surprised that wasn't their first complaint. JAWS, or just Windows in general, isn't even that stable. If JAWS crashes, it's stupidly difficult most of the time to reload the product. Even if you manage to do so, you will probably run into the screen not being read correctly when reading list boxes or with the cursor. Or, the worst-case scenario. You have to uninstall JAWS 11 after attempting to install Video Intercept, reinstall JAWS 10, install VIdeo Intercept, uninstall JAWS 10 then reinstall JAWS 11.

Maybe I'm slamming the NFB a bit, but really, they need a kick in the ass. I'm just happy the Danish blindness organizations are not this corrupt and twisted, and they actually review fairly and take a proper look at what a company offers before suing them. I'll always be negative about the NFB, though I am actually being neutral when talking about the actual lawsuit itself.

Say what you want to, it won't change my mind. Even if it is someone from NFB saying it. Some NFB people are great. Some do incredibly good reviews. Some don't. And in whole, I think the organization just sucks for filing unnecessary lawsuits for nothing. Maybe I'm going on a childish tantrum here, perhaps. But once in a while, you need to. A company is trying to provide great accessibility for their products, and they are sued because of one problem. iTunes is actually still useful on the Windows side, people. Quit your darn nitpicking.

Regards,
Nic
Skype: Kvalme
MSN Messenger: nico...@home3.gvdnet.dk