Hi Jesse,

If you have epub files, you should just be able to add them to iTunes (Command-O shortcut for "Add to Library", then navigate the dialogue window as you would for Finder and press (VO-Space) the Open button). They'll show up under "Books" in your iTunes sources table. This category now holds both eBooks and Audiobooks. If you want to read these on your iPad in iBooks, they'll have to be DRM-free files, and you'll need to have the iBooks app -- which is only downloadable if your account is with the U.S. iTunes store, according to what I've read. To sync the files you would connect the iPad to your Mac, select the device in your sources table, stop interacting, then navigate (VO-Right arrow) to the "Books" tab for the iPad, VO-Space to press, then check the box to "Sync Books" and either "Sync All" or check the selections you want to sync.

If the iPad's apps are like the iPod Touch and iPhone, you should be able to double tap the iTunes app, and either select Podcasts and look through the selected podcasts in various categories or do a Search and type in a particular podcast series. These downloads are individual episode selections, and are separate from the way iTunes on your computer handles subscriptions.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther