hello; then it is still within the first 90 days. I don't think you should be experiencing those kinds of problems yet. My ftp client, cute ftp, doesn't cause the fan on my mac book to run like that. I don't have protect mac any more because my trial expired, but it used to cause that. the only other program i have that does it is max 8.0 when converting .og files to .mp3 files. wish i could be more help. good luck, max