Hello everyone,
Before submitting this feature request to the accessibility team at Apple, I
was curious if (1) it is implemented already and (2) what others thought.

I work in a multilingual context daily.  I am very satisfied with my
text-to-speech software, too.  However, I occasionally have this annoying
problem that wouldn't be a problem if one of VO's features could be enhanced
just a bit.

Whenever I type, I keep all keyboard echo features turned off.  This means that
I only hear text when I move the arrow keys or invoke a VO function that causes
something to be spoken.  I find that I make a lot more mistakes when writing if
there is any feedback whatsoever when I am typing.  One of the really cool
things about VO, however, is that whenever the Caps Lock is invoked VO beeps
each time a key is pressed.  I like this a lot.  I also very much appreciate
the fact that whenever a word I encounter while listening to a text is
mis-spelled, VO sends an error beep.

What I would like to see is an extension to this feature wherein VO beeped on a
mis-spelled word, even if the keyboard is silent.  I don't know how many times
I started to write a text in English, only to realize later that I was still
using a German keyboard.  I would save a lot of time and hassle if, immediately
after the first mis-spelled word was encountered, I could switch the keyboard
to the appropriate language.

I would also use this feature extensively, even if I were in a monolingual
context.

Your thoughts?

Have a great day,

Mike