Hello Michael,

Although I do not know how this feature would help, who am I to say that it
wouldn't.  There are a couple of things, however, that one must keep in mind.

1.  There is already some feedback from keyboard entry in the form of tones.
For example when Caps Lock is activated, you get beeps to indicate this.

2.  When attempting to enter information in an area information can't be
entered, the keyboard "chirps."

My concern is that if every single key clicked, then beeped when the Caps Lock
is on, etc., the user might be overwhelmed with too much feedback.  When I
originally brought up the idea of having VO emit an error tone after a word had
been written, I wasn't thinking about anything else than preserving a silent
typing environment but still being notified right away when a word was
mis-spelled.  To my way of thinking, this would speed up the editing process
for everyone who wanted to use it and, for those of us who work in multilingual
environments, it would be a great way for the Mac to say: "Hey, you may want to
switch your keyboard to another language!"  I have accidentally written several
paragraphs before discovering that I was writing German texts but hadn't
switched my keyboard over to that keyboard layout.  Had this feature that I
want been available, I would have saved myself tons of time and grief more than
once.

Best regards,

Mike