Hi Donna!
I hope you are sitting comfortably!
I've gone through it on mine and this is what I have for you!
To convert to mp3!
1, Open Itunes and select preference's by pressing cmd and ,
If it's like mine you should be on general if so very good, if not go to the
tool bar and interact with it by pressing vo and shift and down arrow, in there
you have a selection of different options the 1st being [ general button ]
use vo space bar to select then stop interacting with the tool bar!
So if you are on general you'll have options to scroll along right arrow, go
along until you find import set
press vo space to open menu, in there you can select different formats
including mp3, scroll down to it then vo space bar to select this!
After that scroll all the way to the right until you get to the ok button and
vo space bar that!
You should now be back in Itunes!
Now find the album or track you want to make mp3, [ if it is a whole album I
think you have to select all tracks ] but if just one track sit on it and then
press vo+shift+m and scroll down to make mp3 version and press vo space bar!
There will now be 2 versions of the track\album one of which will be the mp3!
Note if you leave that import setting the same way! All future imports from cd
will also be mp3!
So if you want to always have mp3 versions leave it that way, if not go back to
import settings and change it back!
Next getting the track's from hd library!
All your songs are stored in the hd library and this is where I get them from
to put on my nokia!
If you know how to get to your hd list open and scroll down to Itunes open in
there should be an music folder in side should be all your music, Scroll
through them until you find the track you are look in for!
There should be 2 versions one of which will say mp3 at the end the other will
say acc or something else!
So get on the mp3 one and then copy and paste on to your phone!
If it helps when I've got my phone connected by usb open at the place where i'm
putting the songs, I can scroll through windows from hd list to phone by
pressing cmd tilde, that way I go to hd copy track then cmd tilde and then
paste to phone!
I hope you are not asleep now!
Colin :-]
ps maybe someone else can give you a better way!
Skype focus_66