This happened to me yesterday.  Luckally I had backed up my settings a few
months earlier as it was doing it quite often.  But I had changed a few more
things since then so I'll have to boot off my backup drive, export the settings
off that and import on my original  installation.  Most Annoying.  sgrrrrr

Dannie