Last I heard Flash was still a requirement for Blackboard and Adobe has not enabled accessibility on the Mac platform. So I would assume it will not work very well with voiceover, depending on which parts they use Flash to implement.

CB

On 9/7/10 5:33 AM, Simon Fogarty wrote:
I can't say I've used blackboard with safari, but I have definitely used
blackboard with both IE and firefox on a windows based platform. And can
honestly say that very little of it is not accessible.
  However blackboard 9, you just reminded me, that I have been asked to check
it out for accessibility for work, so Ii'll try it with safari also and see
how I go, not that my safari skils are that good currently.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Busboom
Sent: Tuesday, 7 September 2010 3:10 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Blackboard, anyone?

Hi listers,

Blackboard is an e-learning platform that many universities use for online
distribution of course material.  Recently, the beta version of Blackboard
9.1 was introduced, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
using it.

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting feedback from people who have used earlier
versions of this e-learning platform.  In particular, I am wondering if
anyone can give me tips on how to best use Blackboard with Safari.  While it
is not difficult to get to the part of the program where you can read your
assignments and take tests, it is very difficult to participate in classroom
discussions, e.g. following long threads.

If anyone could point me to some good tutorial information on how to use
Blackboard with Safari and Voice Over, I'd be more than grateful.  If anyone
would be willing to chat with me via Skype and help me go through the
platform, I'd be even more grateful!

Kindest regards to all,

Mike