Hi!

Just to add to the steps, Esther.

It's very important to mention that, if you do have the box checked in the
VoiceOver Utility>General tab to allow VoiceOVer to be controlled by
AppleScript it will behave slightly different. In  this instance, it will use
VoiceOver's speech settings to announce the information regardless of the
script. If it is not checked, those steps apply. That means that, if the box is
indeed checked, VoiceOver will speak the information whereas if it is
unchecked, it will use Apple Speech Manager and your System Speech preferences
apply.

Regards,
Nic
GoogleTalk: chojiro1...@gmail.com