Hi:

I run Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion on my Mac with no trouble whatsoever.  I run
them both at the same time and switch back and forth effortlessly.  Of course,
I have 8 gigs of ram in a late 2009 Macbook Pro 13 inch.  The ram is the key.
If you don't have enough stick to Boot Camp.  I have no sound issues.