Option down and up do not work for me.  I can't do this in fact with any of the
suggested shortcuts.  I have my function keys set to standard use.  I have
wanted to know how to do this as well, since right now I just continuously
press up and down arrow.  Command up and down work in text edit and reading and
writing mail, but that's about it.

Marlaina