Hello list; I just got the surprise of my life. my family went and bought be the latest version of the kindle. I've been doing some reading, and I'm starting to get encouraged. It has a query keyboard and the website says it has text to speech and spoken navigation. You have to get a sighted person to turn it on, but it says it has it. I have it charging right now and am looking forward to trying it. I hope it does work as it has a browser in addition to the kindle features. who knows this puppy may eventually replace my laptop. doubt it, but it would be cool if it did. will let you know what happens. take care, Max