Greetings y'all,

This seems like an apt moment to request everyone's help to please keep posts
on topic.  Sadly, this list has reached the level of subscriber ship (639 at
this writing) where we don't have the flexibility to welcome off topic
messages.  Marking a post as "OT" does not render it topical.  To illustrate
via analogy, if I entered a store waring a sign reading: "shop lifter present",
I suspect the store owner would still prefer charges if I was caught attempting
to plunder the place.

The reader may be saying: "but I only posted one ot item.  I would suggest that
if everyone did this even just once a year, we'd find ourselves continuously
discussing unrelated topics such as guide dogs or relationships with sighted
members of the opposite sex.  Between Yahoo and Google groups there are
hundreds of lists which are open to more general topics related to blindness.

Thanks for your help in keeping this list a great technical resource, and best
regards.
Geoff